This is my first blog post ever. During this pandemic, I have spent a lot of time at home and started to do some small projects around the house: painting accent walls, fixing cracks in the drywall, and making repairs to the fence. My next project is going to be to paint the master bedroom and eventually I'd like to try replacing the carpet with tile or wood. This gave me the idea that I should recreate this room and the adjoining ones in 3D so that I can visualize what different surfaces and finishes in them could look like. Last night, I started by taking measurements of the rooms and then blocking them out using Maya.
Progress from night 1: